The Safe and Sound Protocol: Transform Your Practice, Help More Clients
The Safe and Sound Protocol (SSP) is a practical application of Dr. Stephen Porges' Polyvagal Theory, designed to reduce sound sensitivities and improve auditory processing, behavioral state regulation, and social engagement behaviors.
How does it work?
Filtered SSP Music
What are the benefits?
- Facilitates nervous system regulation.
- Increases resilience to everyday challenges.
- Supports social engagement and connection.
- Accelerates accessibility and progress in sessions.
- Can be integrated into various settings across the lifespan.
- Evidence-based with extensive research support.
- Complements other modalities.
- Suitable for all ages.
The MyUnyte Platform
- Extends the impact of sessions to home and remote settings.
- Customizable delivery for individual needs.
- Tracks progress with digitized assessments.
- Simplifies client management.
- Facilitates connecting providers with new clients.
- Offers a vast resource library for expanded knowledge and learning.
- Secure client data, and compliance with privacy regulations and HIPAA.
Community and Support
- Dedicated Client Success Team provides guidance and support, helping providers optimize the SSP and address any challenges that may arise.
- Collaboration and knowledge-sharing among the SSP Provider community.
- Ongoing support through roundtables, webinars and peer-learning opportunities.
- Personalized calls to ensure the SSP is implemented effectively and with confidence from the start.
- Insights and advice from leading experts, such as Dr. Stephen Porges, Deb Dana, Kim Barthel and more.
What's included with your SSP subscription?
An SSP subscription ensures continuous access to the latest version of the protocol and associated playlists, resources, ongoing support, progress monitoring, flexibility, and research. It allows therapists and clients to maximize the benefits of the protocol over an extended period, leading to transformative and long-lasting outcomes.
Access to Training and Resources
The Foundational SSP Training is always kept up to date to reflect the provider community, complemented by the addition of discipline and modality-specific modules led by world-class experts.
Benefit from provider-client matching through Unyte Health’s Client Connections, which aims to pair hundreds of prospective clients with our community of certified SSP Providers every month to ensure they get the assistance they need.
Ongoing Support and Expertise
Our dedicated Client Success Team is available to provide ongoing support and guidance, answer delivery or technical questions, and offer insights throughout your subscription, ensuring providers can maximize the effectiveness of the SSP.
Evidence Base and Research Community
Unyte Health is continuously evaluating the efficacy of the SSP to better understand its impact and best practices through partnerships with expert researchers at leading institutions. SSP Providers can contribute to the scientific community by becoming a research-clinical partner, conducting a data-collection project, or sharing case studies.
Provider Events and Continuing Education
Unyte Health maintains a platform for multidisciplinary thought leaders to engage in deep conversation and knowledge-sharing through virtual events and webinars available to all SSP Providers, featuring world-renowned guests, such as Stephen Porges, Deb Dana, Gabor Maté, Tina Payne Bryson, and many more.
Long-term Progress Monitoring
Unyte Assessments, a vast and growing digital library of best-in-class assessment tools, offers long-term monitoring for providers to track results, making it easy to score and analyze outcomes, and make adjustments when necessary. These assessments can be administered to any client, not just those experiencing the SSP.
What SSP Providers are saying
The Safe and Sound Protocol is used by thousands of providers to help over 100,000 clients worldwide. In the words of Dr. Porges: "If you want to improve the world, start by making people feel safer."
"Safe, sound, and simple. The level of ease and simplicity that comes with the Safe and Sound Protocol digital delivery contributes to keeping the experience within reach of the nervous system’s capacity to safely engage."
"[The SSP] has allowed me to work with clients, children and adults, through a very short period of time and achieve results that normally would take me six months or more. I see trust, I see connection, I see safety being kindled at a level that the therapeutic process can flow without barriers."
Ana do Valle
Have questions? Contact us!
Schedule a free call with our dedicated Programs Consultants, many of whom are experienced providers, to learn more about integrating the SSP into your unique practice.